Shawl Pin in Fire Forged Copper
A fire forged fibula brooch for hand knits.
- Comes in two sizes
- Perfect for aran or chunky weight knits as well as finer woven linen and wool,
- This pin can be sharped or blunt. Leave a message to me with your preference
- The bottom edge of the ring has been hammer-finished, the small facets giving the piece an ancient, earthy feel
- On the large pin, the circle portion of the pin is about 2 (5cm) inches in diameter and on the small it's 1 1/4" (3.5cm)
- I have chosen to keep these brooches bright and rosy, but they can be patina'ed to an antique copper finish on request
- The penannular brooch is an elegant and practical design
- Once the fabric has been secured on the pin, the circular frame can be turned around the pin, securing the brooch in place
A simple, endless circle inspired by the moon, ouroboros and archeological finds. This penannular brooch is based on a Pictish design found in northeast Scotland.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.