The Volva. Vintage Crystal Ball Rosary Necklace. Tiger Moonglow Version.
A refurbished vintage rosary fragment is transformed into a divination tool with a beautiful crystal sphere made of genuine rock crystal hanging from it. Vintage rosary fragment of moonglow lucite beads that resemble luminous tiger-eye makes for a one of a kind, earthy and mystical piece.
- Necklace is 26" (66cm) long with a 5" (12.5cm) drop including crystal sphere
- Necklace easily fits over the head and has no clasp
- The rosary itself dates from the mid 20th century with a beautiful Art Nouveau inspired connector, darkened with age
- I have lovingly repaired and up-cycled this vintage piece
This necklace was inspired by the crystal ball talismans found buried with Viking völvas or seeresses. Some say crystals can feel and behave like living beings. It is a beautiful stone and feels very vibrant in the hand.
This delicate, faceted onyx and sterling silver statement necklace is from the 1990s.
- 9 elegant faceted onyx stones--seven lozenges and two rondelles
- Beautifully intricate silver chain and bead caps
- Adjustable in length, from 15" (or 38cm) to 17.5" or (44cm)
- Closes with a C clasp marked 925
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history.