Vintage Luckenbooth or Witches' Heart Miracle Brooch
A luckenbooth heart or Witches Heart pin with glass cabochons resembling turquoise marked Miracle.
- This traditional Scottish Luckenbooth or witches heart design
- The back is as beautiful as the front
- The pin is a regular "C" safety clasp
- Made of pewter with glass
- Pin is 1 3/8" or 3.5 cm in diameter
- Marked Miracle
- 90s vintage
The Luckenbooth design is a traditional design of a crowned heart. A luckenbooth is a Scots word for a silver workshop. It is sometimes also called a Witches Heart, as it was sometimes used as a protective talisman.
Read more about collectible, Celtic inspired costume jewellery by Miracle in this recent blog post.
All my vintage jewellery is sourced by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.