Extra Chunky Fibula Brooch in Aluminum
A simple, endless circle inspired by archeological finds.
- This penannular brooch is based on Pictish designs discovered in Aberdeenshire
- Cold-forged in lightweight aluminium
- A bigger, bolder version of my regular aluminium brooch for chunky knits
- Perfect extra bulky knits
- Lightweight enough that it will not weigh down the fabric of your scarf, or shawl
- Hammer-finished, the small facets giving the piece an ancient, earthy feel
- The circle portion of the pin is about 2 inches or 5cm in diameter
- Perfect for hand knit bulky scarves and cardigans
A version of this pin is featured in Staci Perry's Easy Knit Sweater Jacket Tutorial at Very Pink Knits. You can learn about the pattern (and get a how-to on how to fasten these brooches) here:
Here's what one customer has said about this design:
"I was really amazed at how lightweight this brooch is and it looks lovely with my chunky knit scarf
." --Whitney B., London, UK
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.