Little Nidavellir Drop Earrings
Rustic crystal earrings with hypoallergenic ear wires.
- Beautifully silvery vintage glass crystals
- Wrapping with silver plated wire
- They hang from hypoallergenic niobium ear wires
- They measure just over 1 1/4" or 3.5cm
- Perfect for everyday wear
- Rustic, mysterious and glamorous
I have named them after the land of the svartalfar or "murky elves" in Norse mythology. Nidavellir comes from Nid, or the dark moon and vellir or fields-- Dark moon fields. They are the smaller version of my larger Nidavellir drops.
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history.