Water Cast Sterling Silver Mushroom Necklace
An organic, mushroom pendant created in sterling silver using the water casting method hangs from a sterling silver chain.
- The pendant hangs from an 18" sterling silver chain
- closes with a hand forged clasp in my Bird Mother shape, recalling ancient bird mother iconography
- The clasp is accented with two micro-faceted smoky quartz beads
- Hallmarked at the Assay Office in Edinburgh with the Edinburgh assay mark, the Scottish silver mark as well as my maker's mark
- The molten silver formed a small cave containing a mushroom
- Reminiscent of Shunga, the erotica of Edo-era Japan, this pendant is weighty with sensual power
This process of water casting uses the elements of fire, water, earth and air in a formative ritual. It is a form of divination. To read more about argyromancy, you can see this blog post.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.