Nahusha Hoop Earrings for Gauged Ears
The Nahusha Hoops are minimalist hoops for gauged piercings.
- Designed in lightweight, work-hardened aluminium
- To be worn through tunnels
- I make these hoops in 2 gauge sizes: large 4g (4.50 mm) and medium 6g (3.25mm)
- All hoops measure approximately 2" in diameter
- Open hoop by gently pulling one end toward you and then sliding it back into place, like a jump ring
- The tumbled and hammered aluminium takes on a moon-glow
- Perfect to wear if you don't want to stretch your gauge further but still want a statement earring; they look heavy but are actually light to wear
- This abstracted hoop is inspired by the World Serpents known throughout world myth as a creator-destroyer and keeper of secrets
Here's what customer have said about these hoops:
"Perfect weight to them. Love the hammered texture. Easy to wear and goes with a lot of shit. Thank you again. Will be ordering new earrings soon" --Kali
"I wear these almost every day and they make me feel complete. I haven't been able to wear regular hoops in almost a decade - I had missed it!" --Marie W., Texas, USA
Known to the Gnostics as the Wise Serpent, the Ouroboros revealed the mysteries of the heavens, protecting the world-egg, this symbol can be traced back to an earlier Goddess, Nehushta, a parallel of the Hindu world-serpent Nahusha. The Norse called this the Nidhogg, the World Serpent eating away at the roots of the World Tree.