Large Shawl Pin in Fire Forged Copper
A fire forged fibula brooch for hand knits.
- Brooch measures approximately 2" or 5cm in diameter
- The pin has a blunted end, perfect for aran or chunky weight knits
- Once the fabric has been secured on the pin, the circular frame can be turned around the pin, securing the brooch in place
- The bottom edge of the ring has been hammer-finished, the small facets giving the piece an ancient, earthy feel
- Chose from either a naturally bright/rosy or darker, antiqued patina finish
A simple, endless circle inspired by the moon, ouroboros and archeological finds. This penannular brooch is based on a Pictish design found in northeast Scotland.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.