Shawl Pin in Fire Forged Copper
A fire forged fibula brooch for hand knits.
- A simple, endless circle inspired by the moon, ouroboros and archeological finds.
- This penannular brooch is based on a Pictish design found in northeast Scotland
- Comes in two sizes
- Perfect for aran or chunky weight knits as well as finer woven linen and wool,
- This pin can be sharped or blunt. Leave a message to me with your preference.
- The bottom edge of the ring has been hammer-finished, the small facets giving the piece an ancient, earthy feel.
- On the large pin, the circle portion of the pin is about 2 (5cm) inches in diameter and on the small it's 1 1/4" (3.5cm).
- I have chosen to keep these brooches bright and rosy, but they can be patina'ed to an antique copper finish on request.
- The penannular brooch is an elegant and practical design.
- Once the fabric has been secured on the pin, the circular frame can be turned around the pin, securing the brooch in place.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.