Pictish Penannular Brooch
A simple, endless circle inspired by archeological finds.
- Based on a Pictish design, with an ancient, earthy feel
- Hand-forged in copper
- Comes in two sizes
- The large pin is about 2 inches in diameter and the small is 1 1/4"
- The larger pin is great for dk or aran knitting
- The smaller pin is perfect for laceweight designs
- An elegant and practical design
- Perfect for hand knit shawls and cardigans
The first five photos show the larger pin, and the rest show the smaller version. Janel Rohrig of @frumpyknits wears her brooch in the 2" size.
This pin is featured in Staci Perry's Easy Knit Sweater Jacket Tutorial at Very Pink Knits. You can learn about the pattern (and get a how-to on how to fasten these brooches) here:
Here's what one customer has said about this design:
"Our daughter loved this for hand knitted shawl. Beautiful craftsmanship and so unique!" --Diann M., USA
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.