Pictish Penannular Brooch
A simple, endless circle inspired by archeological finds.
- Based on a Pictish design, with an ancient, earthy feel
- Hand-forged in copper
- Comes in two sizes
- The large pin is about 2 inches in diameter and the small is 1 1/4"
- The larger pin is great for dk or aran knitting
- The smaller pin is perfect for laceweight designs
- An elegant and practical design
- Perfect for hand knit shawls and cardigans
The first five photos show the larger pin, and the rest show the smaller version. Janel Rohrig of @frumpyknits wears her brooch in the 2" size.
This pin is featured in Staci Perry's Easy Knit Sweater Jacket Tutorial at Very Pink Knits. You can learn about the pattern (and get a how-to on how to fasten these brooches) here:
Here's what one customer has said about this design:
"Our daughter loved this for hand knitted shawl. Beautiful craftsmanship and so unique!" --Diann M., USA
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history.