Briar Rose Drops with Garnet. Glasgow Roses in Pewter and Sterling.
Delicate everyday drop earrings with a rustic briar rose motif paired with faceted garnets.
- These earrings are doubled sided--the pewter drop features an abstract rose bloom motif on one side and briar leaves on the reverse
- Rose red faceted garnets catch the light
- They hand from hand forged sterling silver ear wire hoops in my little cobra shape
- All my handmade jewellery is nickel and lead free
- Earrings are 2" or 5cm long
These earrings are inspired by the modern Glasgow Rose design, often called a Mackintosh rose, after Rennie Mackintosh, who used it often in his designs. The simple, spiralling design was originally designed by his wife, Margaret MacDonald, his collaborator who had a great influence on his work.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.