Ammonite Fossil Pendant Necklace
An ammonite fossil hangs from a delicate copper plated chain.
- This little creature that lived over 60 million years ago has left a ghost of itself, and its elegant spiral reminds us of the continuity of life
- The pendant is just shy of 1 1/4" or 3cm in diameter
- It hangs from a 17" or 43cm length chain
- Closes with a hand forged hook and eye clasp in my bird mother shape
- The first 3 photos show the necklace you will receive--the other photos show past versions of this design now sold, included for scale.
In medieval folklore, these fossils were considered snakes that had been turned to stone by a saint. They were considered "serpent stones" and often the head of a snake was carved onto the fossils and sold as souvenirs to pilgrims.
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history.