Pictish Fibula Brooch in Bronze
A simple, endless circle inspired by archeological finds.
- This penannular brooch is based on a Pictish design
- Hand forged in bronze
- Bronze has a mellow warmth resembling rose gold
- Suitable for dk, worsted weight or aran knits
- The pin has an ancient, earthy feel
- The circle portion of the pin is about 2 inches in diameter
- Perfect for hand-knitted cardigans and shawls
This pin is featured in Staci Perry's Easy Knit Sweater Jacket Tutorial at Very Pink Knits. You can learn about the pattern (and get a how-to on how to fasten these brooches) here.
For other penannular brooches, go to the Feral Knitting collection in my shop.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.