Chartres Labyrinth Earrings in Gold Plate
Simple Chartres Labyrinth earrings with amethyst coloured Swarovski crystal accents.
- Celebrating the spiral journey
- Beautifully detailed earrings that depict the Chartres cathedral maze
- Crowned by Swarovski crystals in deep amethyst
- Earrings measure about 2"
- Labyrinth motif is double sided
- With 14k gold-filled ear wires (14/20 GF)
The Chartres labyrinth dates from the 13th century and is the best preserved example of a medieval labyrinth, but it is no doubt an echo of an earlier pagan symbol. Many years ago I had the luck of being in Chartres when the labyrinth was open to pilgrims. Walking it like so many had for hundreds of years before me - some on their knees! I was filled with wonder. These earrings are a beautiful reminder that there are no wrong turns in life, and though the path may twist and double back, we walk it in love and trust.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.