Glasgow Rose Cantrip Necklace with Agate and Garnet.
A lovely pendant necklace that pays homage to the iconic Glasgow Rose.
- A long pendant necklace of pewter and semi precious stones
- Pendant is a collection of stamped pewter, quartz crystal with garnet and green agate nuggets
- Pendant hangs from a blackened steel ball chain, 30" or 76cm long.
- Pendant is just shy of 3" or 7.5 cm long
- Cantrip is a Scots word meaning spell--something that is the same forwards and backwards. My cantrip pendants are bewitching--and two-sided!
This necklace is inspired by the modern Glasgow Rose design, often called a Mackintosh rose, after Rennie Mackintosh, who used it often in his designs. The simple, spiralling design was originally designed by his wife, Margaret MacDonald, his collaborator who had a great influence on his work.
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history.