Hypoallergenic Glasgow Rose Earrings in Copper with Upcycled Pearls
Delicate Glasgow rose earrings in rosy copper with upcycled freshwater pearls and hypoallergenic niobium ear wires.
- This spiralling rose design is hand forged in copper
- They hang from hypoallergenic niobium ear wires
- They are paired with two tiny, rose pink freshwater pearls, upcycled from a vintage necklace
- Just shy of 1 1/2" or 3.5cm long
- Perfect everyday earrings
The first three photos & video show the pair you will receive; the other photos are of earlier versions of this design, now sold.
These earrings are inspired by the modern Glasgow Rose design, often called a Mackintosh rose, after Rennie Mackintosh, who used it often in his designs. The simple, spiralling design was originally designed by his wife, Margaret MacDonald, his collaborator who had a great influence on his work.
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history.