Chartres Labyrinth Earrings
Simple Chartres Labyrinth earrings with your choice of Swarovski crystal accents.
- Celebrating the spiral journey
- Beautifully detailed earrings that depict the Chartres cathedral maze
- Crowned by Swarovski crystals in your choice of colours
- Earrings measure about 2"
- With hypoallergenic niobium ear wires
- The second photo shows the Swarovski crystal accent colours available
- These earrings have a matching necklace
- These earrings are a beautiful reminder that there are no wrong turns in life, and though the path may twist and double back, we walk it in love and trust
The Chartres labyrinth dates from the 13th century and is the best preserved example of a medieval labyrinth, but it is no doubt an echo of an earlier pagan symbol. Many years ago I had the luck of being in Chartres when the labyrinth was open to pilgrims. Walking it like so many had for hundreds of years before me (some on their knees!) I was filled with wonder. I hope a tiny fraction of that is captured in these earrings.
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history.