Small Fire Forged Fibula Brooch for Chunky or Bulky Knits
A small fire forged fibula brooch for chunky or bulky knits.
- Brooch measures 1 1/4" or 3.5cm in diameter
- The pin has been slightly blunted, perfect for aran, bulky or chunky weight knits
- The bottom edge of the ring has been hammer-finished, the small facets giving the piece an ancient, earthy feel
- The penannular brooch is an elegant and practical design
- Once the fabric has been secured on the pin, the circular frame can be turned around the pin, securing the brooch in place
A simple, endless circle inspired by the moon, ouroboros and archeological finds. This penannular brooch is based on a Pictish design found in northeast Scotland.
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history.