The Volva. Vintage Crystal Ball Rosary Necklace.
A refurbished vintage rosary fragment of opaque purple glass beads is transformed into a divination tool with a beautiful crystal sphere made of genuine rock crystal hanging from it.
- Necklace is 32" (81cm) long with a 6" (15cm) drop including crystal sphere
- The rosary itself dates from the mid 20th century
- A souvenir from Lourdes, the Marian Connector features Saint Bernadette's vision of Mary on the reverse
- Purple glass beads have a lovely variegation
- I have lovingly repaired and up-cycled this vintage piece
This necklace was inspired by the crystal ball talismans found buried with Viking völvas or seeresses. Some say crystals can feel and behave like living beings. If this is the case, then this one is quite whimsical. It liked to circle around while I photographed it, holding sill only after a bit of coaxing. It is a beautiful stone and feels very vibrant in the hand.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.