Vintage Butterfly Horse Brass
A vintage butterfly and laurel braid wreath horse brass ready to be repurposed for a warding talisman or altar decoration.
- Horse brass measures 9cm (3.5 inches) tall and just over 7.5cm (3 inches) wide
- Butterflies--especially golden ones--are considered good luck in Scottish folklore
- This mid century horse brass features a stylised butterfly surrounded by a braided wreath
- It has lived a full life -its dings and small marks are part of its authentic character
- You can read more about these fascinating objects on my blog post here
All pieces are made by hand or sourced with care from our home studio in Kirkwall, Orkney. Ally's designs are inspired by the wild, ancient Orkney landscape with its unique blend of Scottish and Norse culture and history. All pieces come gift wrapped.