Labyrinth Pendant Necklace in Copper with Amethyst
This pendant depicts the Chartres cathedral maze in beautiful detail on both sides.
- Necklace hangs from a copper plated brass chain
- Closes with a hand forged clasp in my Bird Mother shape
- This necklace is available in three lengths-- 16"/40.5cm, 18"/46cm, and 20"/51cm
- I have created this necklace to compliment these matching earrings
- A beautiful reminder that there are no wrong turns in life, and though the path may twist and double back, we walk it in love and trust
The Chartres labyrinth dates from the 13th century and is the best preserved example of a medieval labyrinth, but it is no doubt an echo of an earlier pagan symbol. Many years ago I had the luck of being in Chartres when the labyrinth was open to pilgrims. Walking it like so many had for hundreds of years before me (some on their knees!) I was filled with wonder. I hope a tiny fraction of that is captured in this necklace.
This necklace is also available in silver plate.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.